Checklist for Using A/B Testings
With this checklist, you can check if all of the prerequisites for the A/B testing of Testing & Targeting exist on your website.
You can export an A/B test to your website under these conditions
- The tracking code is integrated at the very top of the page in the head section.
- The customer account is active and has a sufficient test quota.
- The page to be tested is correctly defined in the test configuration.
- The test is activated.
The Visual Editor of the A/B testing can generally be used under these conditions
- The website to be tested is accessible for the Testing & Targeting server via the Internet. The website in particular must be neither login-protected nor part of an Intranet separate from the Internet.
- The page to be tested and their dynamic content must not require cookies, as can be necessary in some order processes, for example.
- You do not wish to edit any Flash films or dynamic content in the Visual Editor.
- Create a local version of the page (by copying the source text and opening the page in the browser).
- Add CSS and jQuery code to this page so that the desired version is created. The problematic page will then be loaded in the Visual Editor.
- Carry out the test configuration to its completion.