If the optimiser is used in cookie-less mode, not all functionalities are available, as the back-end session tracking can only be used for web analysis. While there are only minimal restrictions with web analysis in cookie-less mode, these are considerable with the Optimiser.
When used cookie-less, there are the following restrictions for A/B testing and overlay messaging:
- Only conversion goals that take place on the original or variant page itself can be assigned to tests.
- If the page on which a test takes place is called up again by the visitor, different variants can be played out in each case.
- Segmentation rules based on user recognition are not effective.
- Smart Messages can be played several times during a visit.
- The diagnostic function for checking the project configuration is not available.